1. What’s your main goal with NPSP implementation?
- Supercharge Fundraising
- Strengthen Donor Relationships
- Enhance Volunteer Management
- Streamline Operations
- Other: ______
2. Do you have a dedicated NPSP admin or team in place?
- Absolutely, our NPSP mentor is ready to roll!
- Not yet, but we’re actively searching.
- No, and we could use guidance on this.
- Wait, we need a team?
3. Have you identified the key stakeholders and decision-makers for this NPSP project?
- Absolutely, they’re on board and enthusiastic!
- We’ve identified some, but introductions might be helpful.
- Not yet, but we have a game plan to find them.
- We have no decision-makers and no stakeholders.
4. Have you mapped out your current nonprofit processes and workflows?
- Yes, we’ve got it all charted out!
- We’ve started, but we need more detailed mapping.
- Not yet, but it’s high on our to-do list.
- There are no workflows; we just guess.
5. What’s your budget range for NPSP implementation?
- We’ve got a solid budget locked and loaded.
- We have a rough estimate but need to fine-tune it.
- Budget planning is in progress.
- No budget; we’re just going to hope for the best.
6. Have you set a target date to kick off your NPSP implementation?
- Absolutely, we’re raring to go!
- We have a general idea but need to finalize the date.
- Target date? That’s still in the works.
- Can we start today?
Scoring: For every question 2-6 you answered 1 = 4 points, 2 = 3 points, 3= 2 points, 4=0
20-24 – You’re ready. Ready means you’ve already done a lot of the thinking and planning, which makes all the difference between a successful and a failed implementation.
15-19 – You’re almost ready. There are a few things you need to nail down. You could get some support on those – another set of eyes, an outsider, but you can also push through with your team. It’ll still be challenging, but the further you go, the easier this will be.
11-14 – I’d get some support, but plan to take this up again next cycle. If you aren’t ready, it’s essential not to press until you are. It’ll only fail.
0-10 – You’re fun. Self-awareness is key. There are a lot of places you can go to get in a better place to address some of these things. Check out our list of resources HERE for guidance.