1. What’s your primary goal with Pardot implementation?
- Boost Lead Generation
- Improve Lead Nurturing
- Enhance Email Marketing
- Streamline Marketing Operations
- Other: ______
2. Do you have a dedicated Pardot admin or team in place?
- Absolutely, we’ve got our Pardot wizard!
- Not yet, but we’re actively searching.
- No, and we could use guidance on this.
3. Have you identified the key stakeholders and decision-makers for your Pardot project?
- Absolutely, they’re excited and ready!
- We’ve identified some but need introductions.
- Not yet, but we have a plan to find them.
4. Have you mapped out your current marketing processes and workflows?
- Yes, we’ve got it all mapped out!
- We’ve started, but more detailed mapping is needed.
- Not yet, but it’s a priority on our list.
5. What’s your budget range for Pardot implementation?
- We’ve got a solid budget in place.
- We have a rough estimate but need to refine it.
- Budget planning is currently in progress.
6. Have you set a target date for kicking off your Pardot implementation?
- Absolutely, we’re ready to roll!
- We have a general idea but need to finalize the date.
- Target date? That’s still in the works.
7. Do you clearly understand your target audience and personas?
- Yes, we’ve got personas nailed down.
- We’ve started but could use more insights.
- We are still working on defining our personas.
8. Have you gathered and organized your marketing assets (emails, content, etc.) for Pardot?
- We’re organized and ready to go!
- We’ve started, but we need to tidy things up.
- Assets? That’s a work in progress.
9. Are you familiar with basic email marketing and automation concepts?
- Yes, we’re email marketing pros!
- We have a decent understanding but could use some tips.
- Automation? We’re still learning.
Scoring: For every question 2-9 you answered 1 = 4 points, 2 = 3 points, 3= 2 points, 4=0
20-24 – You’re ready. Ready means you’ve already done a lot of the thinking and planning, which makes all the difference between a successful and a failed implementation.
15-19 – You’re almost ready. There are a few things you need to nail down. You could get some support on those – another set of eyes, an outsider, but you can also push through with your team. It’ll still be challenging, but the further you go, the easier this will be.
11-14 – I’d get some support, but plan to take this up again next cycle. If you aren’t ready, it’s essential not to press until you are. It’ll only fail.
0-10 – You’re fun. Self-awareness is key. There are a lot of places you can go to get in a better place to address some of these things. Check out our list of resources HERE for guidance.