1. What’s your main goal with Salesforce implementation?
- Boost Sales
- Improve Customer Service
- Enhance Marketing
- Streamline Operations
- Other: ______
2. Do you have a dedicated Salesforce admin or team in place?
- Yes, we’ve got a superhero admin!
- Not yet, but we’re on the hunt.
- No, we need guidance on this.
- Our staff is wholly undedicated.
3. Have you identified the key stakeholders and decision-makers for this project?
- Absolutely, they’re ready to roll!
- Kind of, but we might need a strategy.
- Not yet, but we know where to start.
- No one makes decisions around here.
4. Have you mapped out your current processes and workflows?
- We’ve got flowcharts for days!
- We’ve started but need to dig deeper.
- Nope, this is on our to-do list.
- We have all the processes and none of the maps.
5. What’s your budget range for Salesforce implementation?
- We’ve got a solid budget in mind.
- We have a rough idea but need to fine-tune it.
- Budget? That’s a work in progress.
- No budget. Nope.
6. Have you chosen a Salesforce edition (e.g., Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud)?
- Yes, we’re locked and loaded!
- We’re leaning towards one but could use advice.
- Not yet, still exploring options.
7. Do you have a timeline in mind for implementation?
- We’re ready to start ASAP!
- We have a general idea but need to finalize it.
- Timeframe? That’s a bit fuzzy right now.
- Next Friday sounds good to us.
8. What’s your team’s enthusiasm level for this Salesforce journey?
- We’re pumped and ready for action!
- We’re excited but could use some motivation.
- We’re cautiously optimistic.
- Doubtful and pessimistic. Everything around here fails.
Scoring: For every question 2-7 you answered 1 = 4 points, 2 = 3 points, 3= 2 points, 4=0
20-24 – You’re ready. Ready means you’ve already done a lot of the thinking and planning, which makes all the difference between a successful and a failed implementation.
15-19 – You’re almost ready. There are a few things you need to nail down. You could get some support on those – another set of eyes, an outsider, but you can also push through with your team. It’ll still be challenging, but the further you go, the easier this will be.
11-14 – I’d get some support, but plan to take this up again next cycle. If you aren’t ready, it’s essential not to press until you are. It’ll only fail.
0-10 – You’re fun. Self-awareness is key. There are a lot of places you can go to get in a better place to address some of these things. Check out our list of resources HERE for guidance.