A discovery meeting is crucial in understanding a business’s unique needs and requirements before implementing Salesforce. Here’s a list of 30 questions to guide your discussions during a Salesforce discovery meeting:
Business Goals and Objectives:
- What are the primary goals and objectives of your organization?
- How do you measure success, and what key performance indicators (KPIs) are essential to you?
Current Pain Points:
- What challenges or pain points are you currently facing in your business processes?
- Are there specific issues with your current CRM or business systems?
- Who are the primary users of the Salesforce system within your organization?
- What specific functionalities do different user roles require?
- How is your data managed, and what sources do you use?
- Are there any specific data migration or integration requirements?
- Can you describe your critical business processes and workflows?
- Are there any specific automation needs or bottlenecks in your processes?
Reporting and Analytics:
- What kind of reports and analytics are crucial for your business decision-making?
- Are there specific dashboards or metrics that you want to track in Salesforce?
- Are there any existing systems that need to be integrated with Salesforce?
- What third-party applications or tools does your organization use?
- Are there specific customizations or features you need in Salesforce?
- What level of customization do you foresee in terms of fields, objects, and workflows?
Security and Access Control:
- What are your security and data access requirements?
- How do you currently manage user permissions and access control?
- Do you require mobile access to Salesforce for your users?
- What specific mobile functionalities are essential for your team?
User Adoption Strategy:
- What is your strategy for ensuring successful user adoption of Salesforce?
- Are there any training or change management requirements?
Future Growth and Scalability:
- How do you foresee your business evolving in the next few years?
- What scalability requirements do you have for Salesforce?
Budget and Timeline:
- What is your budget range for the Salesforce implementation?
- Do you have a specific timeline or deadline for the project?
Previous CRM Experience:
- Have you used CRM systems before, and if so, what were the strengths and weaknesses?
- Are there specific features from your previous CRM that you want to retain or improve upon?
- Are there any industry-specific regulations or compliance standards you must adhere to?
- How does your organization currently address data privacy and compliance?
- Can you outline the stages of your customer lifecycle?
- Are there specific touchpoints or interactions that need to be tracked in Salesforce?
Customer Support and Service:
- How do you currently handle customer support and service?
- Are there specific service-level agreements (SLAs) or response time requirements?
- How is your marketing currently managed, and what integration points are needed with Salesforce?
- What marketing automation tools do you use?
- What are your preferred communication channels and frequency for project updates?
- Who will be the main point of contact on your team?
Data Backup and Recovery:
- What are your data backup and recovery requirements?
- How frequently do you need data backups?
Legacy System Considerations:
- Are there any legacy systems that need to be phased out or considered during the Salesforce implementation?
- How will historical data be handled?
User Feedback Mechanisms:
- How do you currently gather feedback from users regarding system improvements?
- Are there specific channels for reporting issues or making enhancement requests?
Training and Documentation:
- What training resources and documentation do you provide for users?
- Is there a preference for in-person, virtual, or self-paced training?
User Roles and Responsibilities:
- Can you outline the roles and responsibilities of different users within your organization?
- How do these roles intersect with Salesforce usage?
Data Ownership and Governance:
- Who owns and manages the data within your organization?
- Are there specific data governance policies that need to be considered?
Customer Feedback Analysis:
- How do you currently analyze and act upon customer feedback?
- Are there specific features or reports you need for customer feedback analysis?
- Are there any industry-specific regulations or requirements that need to be addressed in Salesforce?
- How does your industry impact your CRM needs?
User Experience Preferences:
- Are there specific user interface preferences or design elements that your team prefers?
- How do you envision the user experience within Salesforce?
Preferred Deployment Model:
- Are you considering a cloud-based or on-premises deployment of Salesforce?
- What considerations or preferences do you have regarding deployment?
- What level of support and maintenance do you anticipate post-implementation?
- Are there specific service-level expectations for ongoing support?